Let’s face it. The capstone of October is Halloween and we all love spooky decorations. If you’re having a Halloween party this year I have the perfect addition to your punch or cocktails.
Using radishes and pimiento olives you can create a creepy eyeball highball.
- 14 Radishes (be sure they are of uniform size and fit in your ice cube tray!)
- 7 pimiento-stuffed olives, halved crosswise (meaning cut through the shortest width so you get 2 “irises”)
- Ice cube tray (Adjust numbers above for your ice cube tray)
- Trim stem and root ends of radish. Use a paring knife to scrape red skin from radish, leaving just enough to give a veiny appearance. Here’s picture with extra bloody eyeballs. You may even keep some red slivers to add a few blood drops to the ice cube.
- With a small melon baller, cut a hole in radish, about 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Fit an olive half, cut-side facing out, into hole.
- Place radish in ice-cube tray.
- Repeat with remaining radishes.
- Fill the ice tray with water. After the water is in you can add your blood slivers.
- Place in the freezer